Please join us for a day of education with Jim LaSala
With A Click Of The Shutter
Monday, May 23, 2016
With A Click Of The Shutter
Using all our resources, including our hearts to tell our story.
• The How’s
• The Do’s
• The Don’t’s
• Telling the whole story
• Street Photography, Photojournalism, Documentary (which one is it)?
Throw natural light into your camera bag.
• Understanding how to use mother nature’s lights to give shape and form to our subjects.
• The Capture (It’s not all about the histogram), is it?
• The Import (Pick your poison) Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Camera Raw/Capture One
-They all seem to do the pretty much the same thing. But, do they?
• Raw Post Processing
• More post processing in Adobe Photoshop
• Third Party Plugins(Let’s not over do it). Using Layer Masks(control your wild imagination).
• Painting With Light to enhance and give more dimension to your images.
Black and White Photography
• The unmistakeable power of B&W can bring your photography to a new level.
• How to Post Process for B&W
• What makes for a good B&W
• Understanding Contrast
• SilverEfex/On1/Topaz (which way do I go)?
• Keynote Presentations
• The Power Of Slideshows (bringing impact to your presentation). Haiti/Cuba
Bring your laptop and follow along with Jim processing raw images he will provide. He will be using Lightroom as well as Nik (Google) plugins to include SilverEfex as well as Viveza.
Turns out Nik is a free download – https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
Also On1 Effects Standard Edition is now a free download – https://www.on1.com/free/
Monday, May 23, 2016, 9am – 4pm
99 N. Greenbush Rd
Troy, NY 12180
Pricing – Lunch is Included!
PPA/PPSNYS member – $59
Non-Member – $69
Learn more about Jim at jimlasala.com
About Jim LaSala
Born and raised in Brooklyn NY, and currently resides in Flemington, New Jersey.
Moab Master Photographer
Moab Master photographers are a select group of artists connected by their unique visions and their love of reproducing their images on Moab fine art paper.
Documenting the people and country of Haiti. This has been a journey that has changed my life.
Degrees and Awards:
Master of Photography, Master Artist Imaging & Photographic Craftsman
Kodak Gallery Elite Award (2012) Imaging Excellence Award (2012)
Platinum Photographer of the Year (2013)
Diamond Photographer of the Year (2104)
Numerous Local, State, Regional, National and International awards.
World Photographic Cup Finalist (2015)
Presentations and Instructing
Maine Media Workshop
Parsons School of Design, NYC
Jacob Javits, NYC
Guild of Professional Photographers, Delaware Valley
Triangle Professional Photographer, Pittsburgh, PA
Banana Factory, Bethlehem, PA
Various Professional Organizations (Local, State and Regional)
Loan Collection (18) International Publication
Professional Photographer Front Cover, September 2011
Showcase International (2)
PDN Magazine (2010, 2012, 2013)
Lens Work Publication (2014)
Silvershotz Publication (2014)
Jacob Javits, NYC NY
J. Adams Gallery, New Hope, PA
Xact Studios and Gallery
Spirited Actors (TV Reality Show)
Wallflowers Gallery, Bernardsville, NJ
Collection Privee Gallery, Wynwood, Miami (Cuba) Exhibit